Welcome to the HPSS Cyclops
To receive video from the CACR HPSS Robot camera "Cyclops", you must first
install the MBONE video tool called "vic":
- If you are on a Unix box, go here for instructions
on installing vic (but return to this page afterwards).
- If you are on a PC running NT or '95:
- download the zipped vic utilities, and unpack
the two files into your PATH (e.g. C:\WINNT).
- Add a new file type in your Netscape Browser with MIME type
"application/x-vic" and application "vicrun".
- In newer(?) Netscapes, it is necessary to specify the vicrun command as follows:
- For the moment, "vicrun" only runs from Netscape ... i.e. you must be viewing
this page with a Netscape browser.
Click on the video icon to start receiving images from Cyclops.